There are many ways to make apricot chicken, but this is by far one of the easiest.
* 1.4kg chicken legs (about 7 legs)
* 850g tin of apricot halves (in juice) – alternatively, blanch 6 to 8 fresh apricots and use those
* 0.5 teaspoons of salt
* cracked black pepper
* approx. 1 Tablespoon of curry powder
* 1 Spanish (red / salad) onion
* splash of olive oil
* 1 dessertspoon of cornflour (corn starch)
Pour the oil into a oven-proof casserole dish. Add the chicken legs, rotating in the oil to coat.
Sprinkle the legs with salt, cracked black pepper and curry powder.
Finely chop the onion and spread over the top.
Slice the apricot halves into three strips, and arrange around and over the legs.
Pour in about half a cup of the juice from the can (or if using fresh apricots, water or chicken stock would do).
Cover with foil and bake at 200C for 1.5 hours.
Uncover and reduce heat to 175C, bake for a further half hour.
Serve the chicken legs on pasta, pour the juices into a saucepan and heat, thicken with the cornflour (dissolved in water), and pour the sauce over the chicken and pasta.
Did you like this recipe? You might also like:
- Impossible Pie
- Golden Syrup Dumplings
- Christmas Ham Wrap
- Light Caramel Macadamia Pie
- Kabana and Mushroom Waffle with Camembert Cheese
Sorry, comments are closed